Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meurto blanco

This is based on the Meurto blanco/white girl/white death story, if you haven't read it you probably won't get this one.
Here's the original (I think) : Meurto blanco

Footsteps.
Thud, thud.
Footsteps when it should be quiet. There's no one in the house. I'm home alone. At least, I think I'm home alone. But something has to be making those footsteps. They're getting closer. They're coming towards me.
Thud, thud.
Slowly, but surely, they're making their way down the hall towards my room. They're outside now. They've stopped. Right outside my door.
Knock.
Should I open it?
Knock.
Knock.
Whatever it is, it knows I'm here.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Perhaps it can't come in.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
All those myths about beings who can't come in unless they're invited, perhaps there's some truth to them.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
That's it, it can't get in.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
I'm safe as long as I don't open the door.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
Knock.
The door's opening... Oh fu-

WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment