Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Beauty.

So, I've been thinking. And philophosizing. Here goes.
Beauty is not skin-deep. Nor is it in the eye of the beholder, if you take 'beholder' to mean 'one who holds.'
Beauty is a concept that differs from person to person. To one person, someone may seem plain, uninteresting. And to another, that person may be the most beautiful person they ever knew. That goes for personality as well. Beauty is more than just looks. To me, beauty is a combination of how a person looks and how a person acts, or holds him/herself. Someone who I could think looks good, and yet is the most shallow, or even over-deep, person, is not beautiful in my eyes.
However, it doesn't work that way in reverse. 'Good looks' are not a necessary part of beauty. To me, the way a person is. . . mentally, for want of a better word, takes priority over physical 'beauty.'
So, in truth, beauty to me is more mental, more personal, whatever you want to call it.
The main point of this rant is this. Recently, someone said to me "My girlfriend is hotter than yours." Quite frankly, that pissed me off. It's such a shallow, superficial thing to say. And yet, I didn't argue that point. Instead, I replied "Not to me." Which I realise now sums up my views on beauty pretty damn well. I haven't even seen this person's girlfriend, but I'm sure that to me, I won't consider her as beautiful as mine. Which also sounds shallow, but there's no easy way to put that into words. I do think it's the truth.
Now, this is going to be hard to put into words without it sounding over the top, but I'm going to try. Just a casual warning. I consider, in all honesty, my girlfriend to be the most beautiful person I know. And I want to add "and the most beautiful I don't." But, if I'm being honest, that's not entirely true. I have no way of knowing that I won't meet someone who I may end up considering more beautiful. But, at this moment in time, I consider her the most beautiful, because of who she is. That's the simplest way to put it, and it makes sense to me.
Anyway, thus ends a seemingly pointless rant. Ah well, it was helpful to me, even though it was hard to write, and harder to publish.
Just, don't read into this stuff too much.
Keep happy,
Ashm.

3 comments:

  1. Rant Rant Rant. I do agree with you on this, but *long thought out point about something*
    also,needs more creepy pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOTE:this is not sarcasm>>>>>
    I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF ALL THESE OVER-DEEP MOTHER FUCKERS YOU MENTIONED. IT SEEMS EVERY FUCKING STEREOTYPICAL TEENAGE MOTHER FUCKER HAS TO GO AND OVER THINK EVERYTHING. SO DON'T THINK THAT EVERYTHING/ONE IS FAKE,KNOW IT IS REAL-YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE. LIFE IS A CIRCLE AND BEAUTY IS HIDDEN IN THE SIMPLE THINGS-YOU JUST NEED TO LOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, conflicting statements much?
    "I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF ALL THESE OVER-DEEP MOTHER FUCKERS YOU MENTIONED."
    Then
    "LIFE IS A CIRCLE AND BEAUTY IS HIDDEN IN THE SIMPLE THINGS-YOU JUST NEED TO LOOK."
    So, according to logic, you're so fucking sick of yourself. Nice.
    I haven't seen any other teenagers write anything like this, at least none I know. I think it makes a nice change from the everyday superficial crap that goes on.
    I don't think that everything/one is fake. Learn to know people.
    I can't help overthinking, it's part of who I am. Live with it.

    ReplyDelete