Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Collection To The One I Love

A collection of... things, I think I shall call them that I have, well, collected. Along with some of my own material.
This stuff makes me feel like a Hallmark writer. Never a good thing.

Though life may have just begun,



And there are surely many days ahead,


I'm happy with where I'm at,


And where I'm at is with you.






The time I spend with you is priceless.


Time is too slow for those who wait,


Too swift for those who fear,


Too long for those who grieve,


Too short for those who rejoice,


But for those who love,


Time is eternity.






Love is a friendship caught on fire,


Love is a friendship set to music,


And music is love in search of a word.


Love is too strong a word to say too early,


But it has too meaningful a meaning to say too late,


To fear love is to fear life.






So, let me say this.


I love you, not only for what you are,


But for what I am when I'm with you.


I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself,


But for what you are making of me.


I love you for the part of me that you bring out.


I love you, not only because you are perfect,


But because you are so perfect for me.






I say the word 'love',


And others may argue that I don't know what it means,


Or even that it has no meaning.


But, if I know what love is,


It's because of you.






And it's been said,


To love is to be vulnerable.


If that's the price,


Then I pay it willingly.


For to you, I am vulnerable.


I am open to you.


But, when we are together,


We truly are invincible.






So, I've said it before,


And I'll say it again,


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment